Sunday 15 February 2009

I LOVE summer in Canterbury

Hello folks, and thanks for coming back to me. I am sitting on the deck looking out across our view and our lovely city, thinking, ain't life just grand! We went into town this morning where Ma Boiy was a judge in a Barista Competition selecting finalists for the NZ Nationals in a fortnight - Ma Boiy loves the world of coffee and people and all that goes with it, and he is very involved in his work life.
Then we came home and took Katie the German Shepherd for a walk by the river - and she is the one snoring in the background - you are SO lucky you can't hear her!!!
The Captain has some really unusual tasks to fly in her job up north, and this week I got a text from The Captain to say she had flown a dead Maori lady from somewhere in the North Island, back to her hometown of Gisborne - there were lovely moments on board whilst she flew, and one was when the husband started singing Pokarekare Ana to her - The Captain said it was SOO lovely, and then the downside was before they took off, the husband had asked her how long she had been air hostessing !!!! NOT the question to ask a pilot! And it's not the first time - but being my daughter, she just replied about 5 years!
Moments like that, and watching Ma Boiy this morning, we haven't done too badly at all with our kiddliwinkles!
This won't be long I'm sorry but please check out my gorgeous Mrs TS at SOTreadSoftly - she is SUCH a talented lady, and I love the things she creates out of things I wouldn't begin to know what to do with - and Happy Birthday Mrs TS - sorry I missed it this year!
Bless anyone who reads my ramblings, and sorry, no photos of the produce - just can't keep up with it all. Made apricot curd, and tomato sauce this week!!!!

No comments: