Thursday 6 September 2007

I just can't get enough!


I am back on my hobby horse - and the joy is I'll never know how bored you are with this coz I won't know if you click off!! But these two were taken this morning - Christchurch had a 4degree frost, and while we rarely get them here, the top one was the close up view from the lounge at 7.47a.m. The second pic was about 30mins later when the local fertilizer factory started up for the day. Fortunately it is far enough away from us to be only used as a wind direction-finder - as you can see from this, there was NO wind at photo time. As I write this 90mins later, there is a slight easterly tilt to the smoke rise.
News from the family - The Captain texted (wonderful way of keeping in touch) and told us she is now officially a B Cat instructor in Nadi - that topped of one her most dreadful days in Nadi during this posting for her - a student at The Pacific Flying School was involved in a car crash on Tuesday, but the family had to decide to turn the life support off yesterday, and the whole Flying School staff were able to go and say their goodbyes earlier - not a nice experience for anyone to know what is going to be happening - one of the moments where being a parent is not such a good thing - to not be able to be there for the kids at times like this is heart-wrenching!



On a brighter note - the top photo is my favourite tree in my garden - this Magnolia is looking amazing at the moment, and as you can see, I have two bird feeders in it. we are lucky that Oompaloompah is too fat and lazy to climb and catch birds - she just lies in her window and watches (that photo will follow another day!

1 comment:

Poppy Black said...

What a hard day on the flat! Rampaging students with Spring urges and paperwork galore. Not to forget a stalker thrown in (my very own crazy lady- harmless but annoying). Love the magnolia! Mine is much later than your one. XXXX