Saturday 1 September 2007

Paradise re-visited


I am beginning to feel that I shall be doing a n incredible amount of blogging on my glorious Canterbury. I sat on my deck last evening admiring the most wonderful colours in the evening sky - and when I rang SIR LADBROOK (not his real name!!) who was on the "flats" of the city, he was unable to see the sunset - another reason why hill-living is so terrific. This picture was taken at 5.47 on the last day of winter 2007. Thus, today is the first day of spring in NZ.
I shall endeavour to share the beauty of Spring in Canterbury with those of you not fortunate enough to reside here - it is an experience...we can have the most perfectly still, calm, sunny days, but also have to endure either a howling easterly (our predominating wind) or temps that send one scrambling for the thermals once again.
So begins another glorious day in Paradise on Earth.
Later, folks :)

No comments: